Governed by the Rules of the GCCF the Tonkinese BAC was established in 1996 to:
- Manage the breed standard and the breeding and registration policies.
- Manage the Tonkinese judge list.
- Manage Tonkinese type, colour and coat-patterns.
- Monitor and support correct Tonkinese registration.
- Provide information and support to judges, breeders, exhibitors and owners.
- March 2017 - Welcome to the new Tonkinese BAC web site - designed for easy use on tablets/mobiles.
- June 2016 - Correctly bred 2nd & 3rd generation Tonkinese may now be shown - please check the updated policy to see whether your Tonk is eligible, and how new litters will be registered.
- October 2015 - The BCR Tonkinese promoted to Championship status.
- February 2015 - The CPP Tonkinese promoted to Championship status.